It is outlined as designing, implementation, and management of commercial production method to confirm the sleek and economical operation. Production Management System is utilized in each producing and repair industries.
Simply, production management could be a method of designing, organizing, leading and dominant the activities of the assembly operation.
Production Management System:-
- It’s concerned with manufacturing
- Output is tangible
- Job uses less labor and more equipment
- There is no customer participation
Operation Management System:-
- It is concerned with services
- Output is intangible
- Job use more labour and less equipment
- Frequent customer participation
CONCEPT OF PRODUCTION:-
- Production is defined as “the step-by-step conversion of one form of material into another form through chemical or mechanical process to create or enhance the utility of the product to the user.”
- Thus production is a value addition process. At each stage of processing, there will be value addition.
- Edwood Buffa defines production as ‘a process by which goods and services are created’.
The production system of an organization is that part, which produces products of an organization.
It is that activity whereby Resources, flowing within a defined system, are combined & transformed in a controlled manner to add value in accordance with the policies communicated by management.
Characteristics of Production System
- Production is an organized activity, so every production system has an objective.
- The system transforms the various Inputs to useful Outputs.
- It doesn’t operate in isolation from the other organization system.
- There exists feedback about the activities, which is essential to control and improve system performance.
Production systems can be classified as:-
- Job Shop Production
- Batch Production
- Mass Production
- Continuous Production